A delegation of Uzbek scientists will visit the Cathedral mosque of St. Petersburg a hundred years after its construction
As part of the Second international Congress “Cultural heritage of Uzbekistan – the path to dialogue between peoples and countries”, a delegation of Uzbek scientists will visit the Cathedral mosque in St. Petersburg. This event is particularly significant due to the fact that this visit will take place in the Holy month of Ramadan for all Muslims.
The mosque founded by the Deputy in 1910 in the presence of Bukhara Emir Seid-Abdul-Ahad Khan was under the personal patronage of the Emir. And the project of its construction was inspired by the monumental buildings of the Amir Temur era and, above all, the mausoleum of Gur Emir in Samarkand. Until 2008, the Cathedral mosque was the only one in St. Petersburg. Its Eastern silhouette, with its soaring minarets and sky-blue dome today, as a hundred years ago, is perceived as an integral part of the architectural appearance of the city. Participants of the Congress will be able to see the elegance of the ornamental and calligraphic decoration of the mosque with their own eyes.
It should be noted that the Second international Congress “Cultural heritage of Uzbekistan – the path to dialogue between peoples and countries” is held by the National Association of electronic media of Uzbekistan with the sponsorship of the oil service group “Eriell Group”.